Thursday, October 31, 2013

Spook-fest 2013

I wish parents could still be in charge of costumes. Back in the day, you just decided what you would be, and they made it happen. Now we have to be all independent and put it together ourselves, which mostly leads to pun-ny ways of making whatever outfit you happen to be wearing on Halloween work as a costume.

"I'm Manti Te'o's girlfriend!"
"I'm a pedestrian!"
"I'm a Terminator robot-version of myself!"
"I'm a lottery winner!"
"I'm a passenger on the Oceanic flight from LOST!"

For example.

So I wanted to write about my birthday - my first one outside of Michigan! Lots of love and cards and Facebook posts, which were wonderful. I celebrated by sleeping in (as is my usual custom for any holiday), getting my free Starbucks drink and trying to make it the most expensive thing I can think of (venti chai latte with soy milk and a shot of sugar-free vanilla... seriously), and going to dinner and drinks with my friends! We went to Jacob's Pickles, which turns out to be one of the best restaurants I've ever ever been to. Think soul food, but with a lot more pickles. Had a great time celebrating with everyone.

Also, I received a loaf of my favorite Zingerman's bread and my favorite Cherry Republic salsa from my Michigan contingency. I cried a little bit and then actually bit into the loaf.

A proud moment: Was so hungry between getting groceries at Trader Joe's and getting on the subway that I tore into a package of Maple Leaf cookies I got (they're sooo good, BTW), and put one in my mouth and two in my POCKET for the subway ride. Cookies in my pocket. Because I just couldn't wait.

Another proud moment: this is actually super embarrassing, but I have trouble remembering/knowing what day Christmas is. I don't know if it's because it always fell in the middle of a break or because the media has constant countdowns for it so I didn't really have to keep track, or if I got thrown off because there's an Eve and a Day?

There's really no excuse. I know. But we went over it several times and I put it into my phone, so I think I've got it now!




So let's talk about the new job. It's going well and I'm assisting my boss on the two new productions that are opening: La Soiree and The Nutcracker. Both are for ages 16+. Yes, even The Nutcracker. Because it's an EROTIC NUTCRACKER. Anyway, Ticketmaster is a lot different than what I'm used to and it's still tricky at times, and I'm having difficulty with even the easiest things (like opening a safe), but it's going to get better from here! I hope!

Also, I got a bill from Comcast yesterday. You know, the cable provider I used in Ann Arbor. The account I closed on August 4th. I got a $150 bill from them for "Services rendered prior to disconnection." So HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ME I GUESS.


Have a fantastic, spooktacular, and sassy Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment